We offer trail riding programs that are less crowded, less dusty, and more personal. If you owned your own horse, this would be a ride that you would share with your friends or family. Our trails cross mountain steams, meander through Jeffrey pines, and the smell of sage is in the air. This is the Tahoe that you love.
Please call us for reservations less than 24 hours in advanced.
- Private Rides – Most of our rides are private - just go out with you and your friends or family plus a guide. Our goal is a personal experience and with the private ride we can tailor a perfect ride just for your group.
- Ages – 8 years old & up. Got a youngster under 8? Leave them with our staff to go on a pony ride and visit the critters while you go out for your ride. Just select this option at checkout.
- No Experience Necessary – We love the opportunity to introduce first time riders to our amazing horses. With your private ride, you will start with a short lesson in the safety of a sand arena and won’t leave for the trail until you are comfortable.
- Duration – Unlike other trail ride outfits, we don't set a time limit on our rides. Instead, we work with each group to make sure it is just right for you! Of course, as the price and expereince goes up so does the duration.
- Trotting & Loping – Do you know how to ride and want to kick it up a notch? We offer adventure rides that allow you to move out on the trail in a trot or lope. However, to ensure the safety of the horses and group all riders must first pass an assessment and we make no guarantee that you will be ready to move out on the trail.
If you are ready to book click on a button below. Have questions? Give us a call at (530) 582-6780 or email at email@example.com
Deer Trail Intro Ride
Our beginner scenic ride is one hour and is great for both first timers and those with a bit of experience who want a beautiful ride in the Sierra Nevada wilderness. All of these rides are private and offer mild yet varied terrain to satisfy the whole crew. The cost is $90 per person and the ride is generally an hour. Availible year-round.
prosser Plateau Ride
For those ready for a bit more, our novice ride gets you out further and across more challenging terrain. Don't let the name fool you, this ride is fine for beginners and even adventurous first time riders. The cost is $115 per person and the ride is generally around 1.5 hours. Available year-round.
A truly breathtaking ride, our sunset super scenic ride follows an amazing trail starting out late afternoon and ends up with a breathtaking sunset over the Sierra Crest. This ride is $125 per person and is just over 1.5 hours. Available year-round. Previous riding experience recommended.
Are you an early riser with a hankering to see Prosser Resevoir? Well this is the ride for you! This ride is $150 per person, generally taking around 2 hours. This special ride is only offered during the summer to intermediate riders aged 14 and up.
Prosser Creek Ride
Our premium scenic ride is where the hoofs really start to hit the trail, experience some of the most scenic terrain and history in our trail network. First timers are discouraged, but beginners who are up for a challenge will be just fine. More advanced, we will find a bit more challenge for you. The cost is $150 per person and the ride is generally just over 2 hours. Available April 1st to November 15th.
Advance scenic ride
This ride truly is super! From the top of Boca Hill with vast views of the Martis Valley to the ice railroad steeped in history, or multiple creek crossings, at roughly 3 hours in length, the choices are just about endless for where you want to go! The cost is $200 per person. Available April 1st to November 15th.
Prosser Swim Ride
Ever wanted to swim on a horse before? This trail ride is ideal during those hot summer days. After riding through the meadow to to Prosser Resevoir, the wranglers will teach you how to quickly untack your horse and prepare for a bareback swim for fifteen minutes. This ride is only offered to intermediate riders 14 years and up and will last around three hours. Cost per rider is $225.
Day at the D DOT
Here is your chance to be a real life cowboy! Spend the day learning how to push cattle at Piping Rock's sister company, the D Dot Ranch in Doyle, Ca (1 hour and 15 minutes from Truckee). This special experience must be booked with firstname.lastname@example.org and is only offered to intermediate riders 14 and up. Prices given upon request.