We offer trail riding programs that are less crowded, less dusty, and more personal. If you owned your own horse, this would be a ride that you would share with your friends or family. Our trails cross mountain steams, meander through Jeffrey pines, and the smell of sage is in the air. This is the Tahoe that you love.
All of our rides are private, so if you do not see a time slot available, feel free to call us. All reservations less than 24 hours in advanced need to be made by phone.
- Private Rides – All of our rides are private - just go out with you and your friends or family plus a guide. Our goal is a personal experience and with the private ride we can tailor a perfect ride just for your group.
- Ages – 7 years old & up. Got a youngster under 7? If there is one 6 year old on the ride, they can be "ponied" which means they will be on their own horse, but a lead rope will be connected to the wrangler. Cautious children and children 6 and under can go on a pony ride (very limited availability in the summer) and visit the critters while you go out for your ride. Just select this option at checkout.
- No Experience Necessary – We love the opportunity to introduce first time riders to our amazing horses. With your private ride, you will start with a short lesson in the safety of a sand arena and won’t leave for the trail until you are comfortable.
- Duration – Unlike other trail ride outfits, we don't set a time limit on our rides. Instead, we work with each group to make sure it is just right for you! Of course, as the price and expereince goes up so does the duration.
- Trotting & Loping – Do you know how to ride and want to kick it up a notch? We offer adventure rides that allow you to move out on the trail in a trot or lope. However, to ensure the safety of the horses and group all riders must first pass an assessment. Rule of thumb, the ride is tailored to the lowest riders ability. We make no guarantee that you will be ready to move out on the trail. If you would like to trot, ask your wrangler to come back ten minutes early and you may go in one of our arenas.
- Height & Weight Limit- We try our best to accommodate everyone that is interested in horseback riding. Horseback riding can be physically demanding, so please make sure your are able to dismount and mount (using a mounting block) with minimal staff assistance. It is for your safety. Please let us know if anyone in your group is over 220 pounds so we can make sure we have the correct horse ready and they are ready to ride. Our staff may refuse the right for anyone they deem to be unfit to ride.
If you are ready to book click on a button below. Have questions? Give us a call at (530) 582-6780 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All riders must sign a release of liability. Copies are available at check in, but we encourage large groups to sign ahead of time.
Deer Trail Intro Ride
Our beginner scenic ride is one hour and is great for both first timers and those with a bit of experience who want a beautiful ride in the Sierra Nevada wilderness. All of these rides are private and offer mild yet varied terrain to satisfy the whole crew. The cost is $90 per person and the ride is generally an hour. Availible year-round.
prosser Plateau Ride
For those ready for a bit more, our novice ride gets you out further and across more challenging terrain. Don't let the name fool you, this ride is fine for beginners and even adventurous first time riders. The cost is $115 per person and the ride is generally around 1.5 hours. Available year-round.
A truly breathtaking ride, our sunset super scenic ride follows an amazing trail starting out late afternoon and ends up with a breathtaking sunset over the Sierra Crest. This ride is $125 per person and is just over 1.5 hours. Available year-round. Previous riding experience recommended. Pro Tip: People love to propose on this ride!
Are you an early riser with a hankering to see Prosser Resevoir? Well this is the ride for you! This ride is $150 per person, generally taking around 2 hours. This special ride is only offered during the summer to intermediate riders aged 14 and up.
Prosser Creek Ride
Our premium scenic ride is where the hoofs really start to hit the trail, experience some of the most scenic terrain and history in our trail network. First timers are discouraged, but beginners who are up for a challenge will be just fine. More advanced, we will find a bit more challenge for you. The cost is $150 per person and the ride is generally just over 2 hours. Available April 1st to November 15th.
Advance scenic ride
This ride truly is super! From the top of Boca Hill with vast views of the Martis Valley to the ice railroad steeped in history, or multiple creek crossings, at roughly 3 hours in length, the choices are just about endless for where you want to go! The cost is $200 per person. Available April 1st to November 15th.
Prosser Swim Ride
Ever wanted to swim on a horse before? This trail ride is ideal during those hot summer days. After riding through the meadow to Prosser Reservoir, the wranglers will teach you how to quickly untack your horse and prepare for a bareback swim for fifteen minutes. This ride is only offered to intermediate riders 14 years and up and will last around three hours. Cost per rider is $225. Check this experience here!
Trail Riding 101
This fall we are excited to offer Trail Riding 101 - a new horsemanship clinic focusing on the fundamentals of trail riding to help you get the most out of your next ride. In this fun two hour session at the ranch and on the trail, we will cover tack, ground work, emergency breaking, seat control, and basic horse sense. Come out and improve your horsemanship while enjoying a beautiful trail ride with us this fall! The cost is $90
Day at the D DOT
Here is your chance to be a real life cowboy! Spend the day learning how to push cattle at Piping Rock's sister company, the D Dot Ranch in Doyle, Ca (1 hour and 15 minutes from Truckee). This special experience must be booked with email@example.com and is only offered to intermediate riders 14 and up. Prices given upon request.